The Pulse of SchoolCare, April 2022
Open Enrollment Checklist to Help You Prepare
Published April 12, 2022
Open enrollment season is here. This is the one time of year you can make changes to your benefit election without a qualifying event like the birth of a child, marriage or loss of other coverage.
If you’ve had health changes in the last year, or perhaps a dependent who has aged off your plan, you simply haven’t reviewed your options for a couple years, or your employer offers vision, dental or ancillary coverages you’d like to add or drop, now is the time to elect those changes.
Watch this month’s SchoolCare Snippet for more about how to navigate your open enrollment materials, and review the checklist below of action items to consider as you make decisions about your health benefits for the 2022-23 plan year.
- Read through the 2022-23 Enrollment Guide to understand benefit options available and to see what’s new.
- Is your employer hosting an on-site or virtual open enrollment meeting? Plan to attend to learn more about your health plan options. This is a great opportunity to get any questions you may have answered by SchoolCare staff. You can also view our recorded Open Enrollment presentation at any time.
- Think about your health history and care needs that might have changed since the last plan year and review your plan options to determine if your employer offers a plan that would better fit your needs. Click here to locate your group-specific Benefit Summaries and Enrollment/Change Form.
- Gather dependent information, including social security numbers, dates of birth, addresses, emails/phone numbers.
- Complete your Enrollment/Change Form and submit to your Human Resources Office by May 27th.
- Review your current flexible spending account options and ask your employer for an election form if you want to contribute in the 2022-23 plan year.
- Set a reminder to complete your confidential Health Assessment at myCigna to earn Good For You! Well-Being Program incentives and/or activate your Choice Fund, if applicable.